Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Need a little pampering while in Paris?

I'm always surprised that Paris doesn't have more Spas.  They have more Spa options in Las Vegas than they do in Paris and most of the high end beauty products are made in France.  Go figure?  

I continue to search the Internet for options, but usually run across Dior Institute and that's about it. During my last trip, my hotel concierge recommended that I drop by the Mandarin Oriental Hotel on St. Honore.  

  It's located on a very busy shopping street of St. Honore.  High end shopping!  Around the corner is The Ritz Hotel, so that gives you an idea of the money required to shop & stay in this area.  Not to mention that I got a picture of some Sheiks the security guards were making sure that no one got near.

Once we walked into the hotel, we were surprised to see all the plants and water features.  We were instantly transported to a calm, relaxing and tranquil space.















   As soon as we walked into the lobby of the hotel a concierge was quick to greet us.  "How can I be of service today?"  I explained that our hotel had recommended their Spa.  He smiled and whisked us to set of elevators and before we knew it, we were in the basement.

  The smell of gardenia filled the air and when we stepped off the elevator a gong alerted the staff that we had arrived.  We turned to thank the concierge, but he was gone.

The Spa staff invited us in and quickly brought us each a warm towel and cup of hot Jasmine tea.  I didn't know that I wanted tea, but how good it tasted and the hot towel to clean our hands was a nice touch. The warm towel smelled of Lavender...absolutely heavenly.  We had found our Spa!  

We made appointments for the next day and have an amazing time.  I highly recommend this location if you're in Paris and needing a little TLC.

Happy Traveling!

No comments:

Post a Comment