Monday, May 9, 2016

My must haves for quart size bag

Every woman who travels these days struggles with what items can she place in her quart size zip lock baggie and not feel like she left all of her favorites at home.  With all the traveling I did in 2014, I feel like I finally have it down to a science and want to share my must haves with you too.

Must haves for a weekend trip.
Shampoo - don't use the hotel "free stuff" as it will ruin your hair.  Go to your local department store and ask the beauty counter salesperson for samples of your favorite shampoo. If you're a regular customer, they will be happy to give them to you.  If they are not in stock, they can make you a sample - just the right size for travel.
My pick - Oribe:  They have dual sample packets with shampoo & conditioner.
Lotion - your skin has a tendency to get very dry with travel, not to mention the moisture zapping hotel soaps!
My pick - Jack Black's Epic Moisture MP 10 oil.  It's multifunctional and you can get sample packets.  I have found it to be a miracle oil, why?  It can be used as hair serum, body moisturizer, shaving oil, make up remover and cuticle oil.  A little goes a long way and it smells terrific!
 Sunscreen:  I look for one that is gentle enough for my face, but can always be used on my body.
My pick - Kate Somerville's sunscreen.  She has one that's made for your face, but I use it on my arms, neck and back.  It's NOT waterproof, so something to be mindful of if you plan to swim.
Hairspray - for this, we must all compromise and find a non-aerosol version since TSA will not let you travel with aerosols in your carry on bags.  So, I go to my local pharmacy and grab what cheap and available.

Hand cream - If you find the right hand cream, it can also used as a perfume.  Something that smells fresh, but not too sweet.
My pick - Molton Brown's Ylang-Ylang Hand Cream.  
Mascara - When traveling I try to find one that can work for all looks.  Most ladies use a couple of different mascara's, but when traveling you need to pick your favorite - you can't bring them all!

My pick - Mabelline's classic, but always waterproof and in black.  If you bring the Jack Black oil, mentioned earlier, it will remove waterproof makeup.

Lipgloss - My favorite is always Gorgio Armani's lipgloss.  I have atleast a dozen colors, so the tough decision is which one to bring.  That depends on the time of year.  Most trips I go with a high gloss and neutral shade of pale pink or beige.

Nail polish - No one has time for manicures on weekend trips, but travel can be rough on any manicure.  No matter how careful I am, by the time I get through security I've either chipped a nail or just the polish.  I've started traveling with just the polish for touch up's.
My pick - Chanel's nail polishes are my favorite.  I like the neutral shades to travel with: Ballarena, Allergoria or Secret.  You can do a quick touch up in a pinch and it will blend perfectly everytime and Chanel's nail polish brushes are small enough that you can get small areas.

No comments:

Post a Comment