Sunday, May 22, 2016

Le Tour Eiffel

Do you ever wonder why so many photos of Paris include a picture of the Eiffel Tower?  I know I did until I visited there for the first time.  Now I find myself continuing to take photos every time I visit the beautiful city.

I know the tower hasn't changed, but somehow it looks different depending on the time of day that I visit or the way I approach it (which street access point).

It really is amazing and should be visited up close.  The first time I went to Paris, I did everything wrong.  I listened to other tourists and their scary story of being pick pocketed or harassed when approaching different tourist spots.  So, I didn't go.  I just took a picture from far away.

The next time I went, I was smarter about things.  I didn't approach sites by speaking English and pointing at everything.  I tried to dress like a local and remain calm when approaching different locations.  I tried to blend with other tourists and not bring attention to myself.  You just have to be smart.  We wouldn't walk around New York trying to bring attention to ourselves, so why do we do this in Paris? Just something to be mindful of.

Once you get to the Eiffel Tower, you will be amazed how beautiful it is.  Though it's steel, they still designed it to be somehow feminine.  

You can take the stairs or wait for the elevator.  For me the view from the ground works (too afraid of heights).  
Still, it's an incredible thing to see and experience in person day or night.

              Happy Traveling!

No comments:

Post a Comment